OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VM was delted, how can I restore from rsync backup?
icon8.gif  VM was delted, how can I restore from rsync backup? [message #35445] Thu, 26 March 2009 01:58
joechurch is currently offline  joechurch

Hi all,

Due to a series of unfortunate events, my VPS running on a OpenVZ VM was deleted at my web host. Now they do have a full backup using rsync from very recently. Its over 10GB in size, probably closer to 15GB. I think its a flat file backup, file for file of the whole VPS/VM. The host tried to setup a new openVZ VM and extract the backup over the new VM files. This did kinda work, my accounts showed up in WHM, but cpanel was broken, none of the cpanel services would start, and many core modules and dependencies were missing for some reason. Then we tried to blow that away and make a new VM, then I'm waiting still for the host to try powering off the VM and restoring the files again, in case something failed the first time.

Obviously I have no other backups, the host was doing my backups and I don't have any to work with locally. I'm desperate to get this VM restored from backup. I am calling on the support of anyone who is willing to help me get this back up and going. On my VM, I had centos 5 installed, with cpanel/WHM. Please let me know if you can offer any help. I am also willing to pay for expert help in getting this server back up and going.

Thanks in advance!
joe
Previous Topic: VPS are EATING RAM!! WHY?
Next Topic: vzdump lvm snapshot error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 03 22:12:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01926 seconds