OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » A few questions
A few questions [message #35234] Tue, 10 March 2009 22:55
Cotun is currently offline  Cotun

Hi everybody

I've got a couple of questions about OpenVZ that I hope somebody can help me with.

1) It says in the Debian installation guide

"It is recommended to use a separate partition for container private directories (by default /var/lib/vz/private/<CTID>). The reason why you should do so is that if you wish to use OpenVZ per-container disk quota, you won't be able to use usual Linux disk quotas on the same partition. Bear in mind that per-container quota in this context includes not only pure per-container quota but also usual Linux disk quota used in container, not on HN."

Does this mean that a single partition should be created for /var/lib/vz or /var/lib/vz/private? Or should a new partition be made for each container?

2) If the answer is a single partition for /var/lib/vz, then how do you assign more than one hard disk to separate containers? I'm excluding the case where one container is bigger than one of the hard disks.

3) Is there any way to ensure that a single virtual container is not swapped out under any circumstances. I want to run a tmpfs mount in a single container that I would prefer to remain in memory permanently. It can be assumed that the single container will never be bigger than the RAM available. I'm aware that disabling swap completely would have this effect, but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Thanks

Cotun
Previous Topic: VPS question
Next Topic: Fedora 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 17 21:57:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09864 seconds