OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Multiple networks?
Multiple networks? [message #3483] Tue, 30 May 2006 18:31 Go to next message
Jim Zajkowski is currently offline  Jim Zajkowski
Hi there,

I've read TFM and searched the forum, but could not find someone with the same setup.

We run multiple interfaces on most of our physical nodes -- one for the public stuff, one for the internode communication, e.g. mysql.

I can't seem to figure out how to make a VE have more than one address on *different* networks, and have the packets come out the right way. For example, our public network is 141.211.182.0/24 (eth0), and our private network is 172.16.182.0/24 (eth1). Our HN can communicate on both networks correctly.

When we did a vzctl 101 --ipadd 172.16.182.xx --save, the IP does show up in the VE. But communication on it (e.g., telnet 172.16.182.239, for example) is leaving via the wrong interface, eth0, and is being sent with a source address of the venet0:0 address, the VE's public address.

This normally looks like a routing problem, but the VE's route table looks specific to the venet's magic.

Has anyone managed to do this successfully? To have an inside and and outside network available from within a single VE?

Thanks,

--Jim
Re: Multiple networks? [message #3484 is a reply to message #3483] Tue, 30 May 2006 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemry is currently offline  hemry
I'm using similiar configuration, the problem i encountered was that everything was ok with node running openvz, but answering linux box sent arp requests on the wrong interface, after looking at various mailinglists i've found that this behaviour is intentional and can be manipulated thrue sysctl (net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce)
Re: Multiple networks? [message #3493 is a reply to message #3483] Wed, 31 May 2006 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev is currently offline  dev

have you read these threads:
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&th=492&mid= 2749&&rev=&reveal=
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=1631&&a mp;srch=src+routing#msg_1631
?

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Multiple networks? [message #3578 is a reply to message #3493] Mon, 05 June 2006 12:49 Go to previous message
Jim Zajkowski is currently offline  Jim Zajkowski
I did, and when I look at the route tables it looks (to me) to be correct.

In one of those posts, a user wanted the ability to have three different VEs, going out of three different interfaces.

I want *one* VE to be able to talk *on* two or three interfaces. That is, I want a multihomed VE.

--Jim
Previous Topic: OpenVZ/CentOS and adding DAG repository to yum.conf for VZHosts ?
Next Topic: More on debian hardware node crashes.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 10 06:22:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02675 seconds