OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » Is complex dynamic scripting,really necessary?
Is complex dynamic scripting,really necessary? [message #34738] Thu, 29 January 2009 16:48 Go to previous message
irontowngeek is currently offline  irontowngeek
I have used Open Virtuosso for about a year now.
My HN,runs eight VE containers.
In reading various HOWTO articles on the WIKI,everyone seems to think that you have to write a mile long script,covering front to back,in getting persistent virtual Ethernet networking,up and running on a HN,or VE.
First,a bridge can be configured statically. (i.e ifcfg-br0)
Second,VETH devices can be added to a bridged adapter,via writing a simple,"rc" type file,to load at boot. These files load after all *.init scripts.
And lastly,persistent Ethernet setups in a VE,can be achieved also,by a static configuration (i.e ifcfg-eth0) and an rc.* file,to add routing entries,within a VE container.
This method works for me,and could get someone up and running,and they in turn,can advance the scripts to suit them.
No complex scripts,and no mucking around in the vz.conf file,as some Author's suggest.
Although,dynamic scripting in some cases,has its virtue,why try to reinvent the wheel?
A simple HOWTO,on virtual Ethernet networking,would go a long way for those who may be new to OpenVZ,or are not that well versed,in LINUX scripting.
Any advanced scripting,could be added to the HOWTO,as value reading.
After all,no one is born with a keyboard or mouse in their hands,even though some,would like to make you think,otherwise.
Just a thought.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there a control panel for managing shared webhosting
Next Topic: Performance benefits in using other OS template caches?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 11:56:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02245 seconds