OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » NFS problems in VE and HN
NFS problems in VE and HN [message #34295] Mon, 22 December 2008 12:04 Go to previous message
Hirt is currently offline  Hirt
Hi all!

First of all, I have already read the wiki post about NFS clients and modified my sysctl.conf. Actually I am trying to mount NFS volumes of a file server into my VEs and HN. The mount works well and I can list the root directories of the NFS shares (ls /opt/nfsshare lists all files with correct users and groups). I have exactly three mounts, one for downloads and two with home directories of two different user groups (staff, students). LDAP is used for authentification.

/etc/auto.autofs on /autofs type autofs (rw,fd=5,pgrp=14044,timeout=9000,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect)
fileserver:/export/staff on /autofs/staff type nfs (rw,vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=null,addr=fileserver)
fileserver:/export/student on /autofs/student type nfs (rw,vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=null,addr=fileserver)

# ls -la /local0/ | grep hirt
drwx--x--x  40 hirt        users             4096 2008-12-19 18:20 hirt

So far I only used root to mount and ls the directories. If I login as a normal user via ssh I get a permission denied error:

]$ ssh hirt@ve2
hirt@linuxovz2's password: 
Last login: Mon Dec 22 15:07:22 2008 from name.removed
-bash: /local0/hirt/.bash_profile: Permission denied
-bash-3.2$ 

Any suggentions on that? If I boot the system with the default fedora 9 kernel it works well and I can login and access the mounted directories as expected. If you look at the output of mount I posted a few lines ago you can see that tcp is used as protocol. I never configured the system to use tcp since all other boxes using the file server uses udp. Does the ovz kernel do any modifications to nfs mount and where to configure the behavior?

# uname -r
2.6.18-92.1.13.el5.028stab059.6

# vzctl --version
vzctl version 3.0.23

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Multi Interfaces In Server
Next Topic: io-waits / openvz / network
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 14 12:08:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05844 seconds