OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Unable to share IPs from the same vlan
Unable to share IPs from the same vlan [message #34278] Fri, 19 December 2008 18:02
digitallinx is currently offline  digitallinx
Hello, I have couple of hardware nodes with hypervm on them and I have multiple subnets in my own vlan.
All slave nodes can share the IPs with no problems except for one.
The configuration is exactly as the rest of the slave nodes but I can't use any of the different subnets I have in my vlan, I can only use IPs from the subnet where that hardware node is. I have no issues using the IPs from that node's subnet on the rest of the slaves. I can also add any IP on the hardware node itself and it works fine, but it doesn't work when I use that IP on a VM. I know I'm not making much sense I've been up all night trying to figure this out. All in all here is what I have

master node <- can use all 6 different subnets
slave1 <- can use all 6 different subnets
slave2 <- can use all 6 different subnets
slave14 <- VMs can only use IPs from the subnet it has IP from, but the hardware node itself can bind on any IP of those 6 subnets

Also I'm noticing A LOT of dropped packets in slave14

RX packets:810935 errors:0 dropped:20712070445760 overruns:0 frame:0

There is little to none traffic on that node, I watched tcpdump for a while and I see nothing out of the ordinary

108 packets captured
216 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

Yet the dropped packets grow exponentionally. Not sure if this is related to the issue why VMs can't use IPs out of the hardware's node subnet but it sure does look fishy. I checked the routing tables on all nodes and I see no difference. I can also use the IPs from slave14's subnet on any other VM hosted on any slave.
I'm all out of ideas, any kind of suggestions would be appreciated, I know I'm being a bit hard to understand it's just that I haven't assembled all my thoughts.

Thank you.

Read Message
Previous Topic: kernel problem !!
Next Topic: Multiple VLANS in VE doesn't work? <SOLVED>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 15:17:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02572 seconds