OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Maximum number of VEs on a single host
Maximum number of VEs on a single host [message #34146] Sun, 07 December 2008 19:58 Go to previous message
tchamp is currently offline  tchamp
We have been trying to determine the maximum number of VE's that we can create on a single host. I realize that it depends on the resources that the machine has. We have a machine with two dual cores, 16G memory, 480G disk, etc. We have a pretty stripped down fedora core 4 template with only a few (~5) processes running. We have been able to get between 1500-2000 VE's created and running on the machine. Once we start to use the VE's (start up an additional process in each VE), we begin to see processes "disappear". I am pretty sure that the OOM killer is shutting down processes (bean counters in the VE tells us so) but the best that I can tell, there is plenty of "free" memory in both the VE's and on the host. It seems like maybe it is the hosts OOM killer and not one in the VE but I don't know how to verify that. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look at? Has anyone gotten more VE's running on a single host machine? If so, what config did you use?

Thanks,
-Tim

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: need IPtables example
Next Topic: Two different IP blocks on OpenVZ = Unpingable help plz
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 23:30:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02729 seconds