OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Deleting personal data in vps (and rpms from updates etc) for rebuild new personalized vps template
Deleting personal data in vps (and rpms from updates etc) for rebuild new personalized vps template [message #34136] Sun, 07 December 2008 03:38
hostenlinea is currently offline  hostenlinea
Hi,
I am interested in removing all data not necesary in the vps, rpms from yum updates/upgrades and unique vps data to create an standard vps template but personalized (with control panel included for example etc). Then i tar.gz (once vps is stopped) and get my new system with modifications.
Maybe a "yum clean packages" or "yum clean all" can not delete all data.
I also remove the key files from /etc/ssh/ so when i create a new container it will generate new/unique keys. Other things i include... zero out the log files so they won't contain info from the previous container... remove accounts in /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/shadow and /home, the ips and networking info, i remove too the /tmp dir the .bash_history from root.
I should delete any file(s) more? I want make a good template, with the default services installed, with all packages installed but no personalized vps data and rpms from yum downloads.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks for help Smile

Regards,
Amil

Read Message
Previous Topic: Unable to open pty: No such file or directory
Next Topic: Problem in migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 19:43:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02678 seconds