OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » portable IP problem[solved]
portable IP problem[solved] [message #34131] Sat, 06 December 2008 16:09 Go to next message
Noxx is currently offline  Noxx
Hi all,
hope someone can help me because i'm litterally going crazy.
I think i have read every post in this forum about source based routing, and additional ip, unfortunatelly i'm not able to solve the problem.
I have one HN wich is inside a vlan and has his master IP address, plus 8 ipaddress that are statically routed to the master ip address of the server.
Now instead of ordering additional ip, i have requested 8 portable ip, so my dc provided me a portable subnet of 8 IP wich only 5 are usable the other 3 are reserver for the gateway, network address and broadcast.
Now from my HN i can ping the new subnet gateway, as well attach one of the ip to eth1:
ex:
ifconfig eth1:1 ipaddress up
and i can reach the hn from outside using the new ip.
The problem is when i try to add the ip to a VE.
i can ping the ve from the hn but from outside the VE is not reachable.
So now i don't uderstand.
Why i can bring up eth1:1 with one of the new assigned ip address and reach the hn, while when i assign the ip to the VE i can't reach it?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2008 16:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: portable IP problem [message #34132 is a reply to message #34131] Sat, 06 December 2008 16:44 Go to previous message
Noxx is currently offline  Noxx
The problem was with /etc/vz/vz.conf
i have just changed:
NEIGHBOUR_DEVS=detect
to
NEIGHBOUR_DEVS=all
and now everything works.
Anway this is a fresh installation of OpenVZ and in the previous installation there was no such configuration line in vz.conf.
Previous Topic: Openvz installer
Next Topic: Unable to open pty: No such file or directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 20:20:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03565 seconds