OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Enough Resources?
Enough Resources? [message #3407] Fri, 26 May 2006 10:47 Go to next message
devnu11 is currently offline  devnu11

I picked up a budget dedicated server which I would like to use just for a mail server. The pertinent specs are AMD 2000+ CPU with 512 MB RAM and CentOS 4.x. Unfortunately the RAM is maxed out for the plan I have and the DC will not upgrade it any further. I would like to run OVZ with one VPS which has Zimbra installed. Does anyone know if this server will handle OVZ and Zimbra?

I would like to run OVZ to make backups simple and possible migration in the future.

Just Because You Have One, Doesn't Mean You Have To Be One!
Re: Enough Resources? [message #3408 is a reply to message #3407] Fri, 26 May 2006 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Minimal requirements for Zimbra 3.1 for usual node (without OVZ):
Quote:

• Intel/AMD 32-bit CPU 1.5 GHz
• 1 GB RAM <-----
• 5 GB free disk space for software and....

So, at least Zimbra will not work as well as its developers taked into account...
Re: Enough Resources? [message #3413 is a reply to message #3407] Fri, 26 May 2006 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev is currently offline  dev

Some people here reported successful running of Zimbra in OVZ VPS. I found at least this via forum search:
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&goto=2109&& amp;srch=zimbra#msg_2109

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Enough Resources? [message #3423 is a reply to message #3413] Fri, 26 May 2006 16:04 Go to previous message
devnu11 is currently offline  devnu11

Thanks to all for the reply. Since posting I do have a test setup of Zimbra running on CentOS on another server with 2GB of RAM using the 1024 OVZ config file. There is one minor beancounter error which I haven't fixed yet but all Zimbra services are running. I guess I will fix the beancounter error and set up OVZ on the 512 MB RAM server and see if Zimbra will start. I guess that's the only way I will know for sure. I have my doubts but it is worth a try. I'll post my results.

Just Because You Have One, Doesn't Mean You Have To Be One!
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* redhat enterprise 4 and mapped/ipv6 ips (FIXED)
Next Topic: network issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 05:25:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02323 seconds