OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » World cannot see the containers's services
World cannot see the containers's services [message #34119] Thu, 04 December 2008 14:42 Go to next message
zenny
I installed OVZ in debian etch. Everything went fine, but I am experiencing the problem.

The machine is like this:

Internet--->GW Firewall -->> OVZ HN---> Containers

GW Firewall (ipchains) specified public IP (11.22.33.44) and the OVZ HN has another public IP (55.66.77.88), and Containers have private IPs. I tried to assign public IPs to Containers, but could not get into the net. I have almost gone thorough everything under the networking in the wiki, but without avail.

I want to use the server for virutal shared webhosting, but could not succeed, only because neither the world sees the containers, nor containers reach the internet.

Anyone who is running a virtual hosting share their firewall configuaration how they accomplish. I tried the firewall at the openvz wiki as well as the one at fridu.org, but without success.

Inputs and hints appreciated. Thanks!
Re: World cannot see the containers's services [message #34150 is a reply to message #34119] Tue, 09 December 2008 10:45 Go to previous message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
http://wiki.openvz.org/Using_NAT_for_container_with_private_ IPs
Previous Topic: Two different IP blocks on OpenVZ = Unpingable help plz
Next Topic: Having Two IP Address In OpenVZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 12:33:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02530 seconds