OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *WORKED AROUND* Add /proc/bus/usb inside VE ?
Re: *WORKED AROUND* Add /proc/bus/usb inside VE ? [message #33602 is a reply to message #33597] Fri, 24 October 2008 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Aefron is currently offline  Aefron
With udev disabled (I build my containers with debootstrap, which does not require udev installation : makedev is brought up, and it is really enough), I have no problems at all.

Troubles just come when I install the udev package inside a VE, which fails, because the install scripts try to do things that are prohibited in this kind of restricted environment...

Well, I guess I will see with Debian udev's maintainer, to see what he could do. OpenVZ officially supported in Debian is very young (to be true, it only starts with Lenny for binary packages, and Lenny will probably not be released as stable until begining of 2009... before, juste a source-patchset for the kernel was supported... so I guess a little bit of time should be given - they did a real good job for VServer, which has been in Debian for much longer : they even brought up custom tools specially designed for Debian, so...).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: VLAN not working in VE? <SOLVED>
Next Topic: How to make changes to resource limits take effect without a vps restart?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 13:28:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02785 seconds