OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Clobberd Init Scripts
Clobberd Init Scripts [message #33005] Wed, 17 September 2008 02:42 Go to next message
gtcnet is currently offline  gtcnet
I have clobbered the init scripts preventing vz from starting on centos 4. I have tried re-installing the RPM with the force option with no luck. Any suggestions?
Re: Clobberd Init Scripts [message #33008 is a reply to message #33005] Wed, 17 September 2008 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hello,

we need the precise description of the problem.
What is exactly broken down? What kind of error do you face with?
The exact output of the commands would be very appreciated.
Re: Clobberd Init Scripts [message #33013 is a reply to message #33008] Wed, 17 September 2008 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I executed "service vz start" nothing was happening so I deleted any references to the init scripts containing reference to vz with the hopes of recreating the init scripts by re-installing the RPM.

I have tried to re-install the RPM but the associated start up scripts do not get re-created. How do I get the init scripts re-created?
Re: Clobberd Init Scripts [message #33014 is a reply to message #33013] Wed, 17 September 2008 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Quote:

I have clobbered the init scripts preventing vz from starting on centos 4.

You could do it via chkconfig utility.

Quote:

When I executed "service vz start" nothing was happening

What does it mean "nothing"? Did command return with success or with error message or anything?

Quote:

I deleted any references to the init scripts containing reference to vz with the hopes of recreating the init scripts by re-installing the RPM.

It's not clear if you change files from the particular package or from several ones.
In extreme case, you can remove vzctl package from your HN and then install it again.

Anyway, exact output messages would be very useful.
Re: Clobberd Init Scripts [message #33015 is a reply to message #33014] Wed, 17 September 2008 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have any output as if I type service vz start nothing happens. I also manually deleted the init scripts and symlinks in /etc/rc.d/ with the hopes of getting the rpm to recreate them with the --force option. reinstalling the RPM does not create any startup scripts for vz to start in the /etc/rc.d/ directory's . I deleted all refernces to vz with the hopes of re-establishing the files again from the rpm.

So I will ask the question again;

How can get the symlinks and scripts recreated from the RPM?

Thanks

Re: Clobberd Init Scripts [message #33016 is a reply to message #33015] Wed, 17 September 2008 15:36 Go to previous message
Hello,

1. Does /etc/init.d/vz file exists? "ls -l /etc/init.d/vz" output please
2. If it does, to create symlinks from rc*.d directories issue the following command:
"chkconfig vz on "
3. If it doesn't you have to install vzctl package.

Do I understand your problem correctly?
Previous Topic: Source Routing Probelms
Next Topic: What vzctl --features nfs:on ... do?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 05:02:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02182 seconds