OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » single directory without quota in VE
single directory without quota in VE [message #32912] Mon, 08 September 2008 19:30 Go to next message
Alex Prinsier is currently offline  Alex Prinsier
Hello,

I would like to have a separate mount for some directory like /var/, because I need a directory where there are no quota's for users (but I need quota's enabled for the rest of the system). The only way I know of is by using a separate mount for it, so that it has it's own quota files.

Is this possible? Maybe using a second simfs for the same VE or anything alike?

Thanks!
Re: single directory without quota in VE [message #32926 is a reply to message #32912] Tue, 09 September 2008 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Hi.

A bindmount for /var inside a Container might help if i understand right.

man vzctl -> bindmount

Hope that helps.

--
Konstantin

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...
Re: single directory without quota in VE [message #32938 is a reply to message #32926] Tue, 09 September 2008 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would yes, if I wouldn't want to migrate. The directory I'm bindmounting would need to exist on all hardware nodes.

I'm trying to do this without shared storage.
Re: single directory without quota in VE [message #32951 is a reply to message #32938] Wed, 10 September 2008 13:06 Go to previous message
I ended up patching the vzmigrate script, so that it supports a "migrate" script per VE, just like the mount/umount scripts. It's run after syncing the private area of the VE, and in case of online migration, also after the 2nd pass.

This way, I could put an rsync command into the custom /etc/vz/conf/$VEID.migrate script to sync a directory from the source to destination hardware node, the directory that was bind mounted. (in the mount script).

Wouldn't this be a nice addition to openvz?

Edit: little fix in the patch so that it first checks if a migrate script exists before trying to use it.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2008 13:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: install webvz 2 0 on debian etch to manage openvz
Next Topic: modprobe fuse problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 23:12:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02248 seconds