OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Server Doesnt Respond After Installing HyperVM/OpenVZ?
Server Doesnt Respond After Installing HyperVM/OpenVZ? [message #32874] Fri, 05 September 2008 23:39 Go to next message
EdwardTobia is currently offline  EdwardTobia

Hello,

I have installed HyperVM/OpenVZ on all of my current servers with no problem whatsoever.

I recently received a new server from 1paket.com, installed HyperVM/OpenVZ like i did on all of my other servers, edited grub etc then rebooted, but the server fails to come back online, even after a hardware reboot...

What could be causing this? i have tried installing openvz on both x86 and x64 versions of CentOS but the same problem exists...

1paket also want $49 per 15 minutes of work to install OpenVZ which is just outrageous...

Any ideas? Please let me know.

Regards,

Edward Tobia

http://www.eurosrv.com - Shared, Reseller, VPS & More!
Re: Server Doesnt Respond After Installing HyperVM/OpenVZ? [message #32886 is a reply to message #32874] Sun, 07 September 2008 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curx

Hi,

can you give more infos what's going on, like log info etc. ;
perhaps initrd module are missing ?

Re: Server Doesnt Respond After Installing HyperVM/OpenVZ? [message #32887 is a reply to message #32886] Sun, 07 September 2008 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdwardTobia is currently offline  EdwardTobia

Well im not able to view logs as the server does not come back up from boot, there are no errors in the installation everything goes through fine, its only when i reboot into the OpenVZ kernel, the server does not come back up...

I had a similar problem with one of my other servers, in which i found out that the NIC module was not compiled in the Kernel as it was a new type of NIC, but installing the OpenVZ Development Kernel (Beta) seemed to fix it but in this instance it doesnt...

I have asked 1paket to help but they want to charge me around 350EUR to install OpenVZ on Debian but i require it on CentOS so that i can use HyperVM Slave, but they refuse to give me any help without charging me that amount...

After some testing i managed to get OpenVZ Installed on Ubuntu, but the problem is that HyperVM doesnt support Ubuntu so i need it on CentOS 5, i have no idea as to why its not working on CentOS but works on Ubuntu with the exact same OpenVZ Kernel Version...

Any ideas at all?

All help really appreciated!

Regards,

Edward Tobia

http://www.eurosrv.com - Shared, Reseller, VPS & More!
Re: Server Doesnt Respond After Installing HyperVM/OpenVZ? [message #32901 is a reply to message #32887] Mon, 08 September 2008 13:59 Go to previous message
khorenko is currently offline  khorenko
Check 32bit/64bit kernel issue, many people recently faced it.
Search recent threads. Might help.

BTW, Virtuozzo Containers supports CentOS as as host OS. Smile

If your problem is solved - please, report it!
It's even more important than reporting the problem itself...

[Updated on: Mon, 08 September 2008 14:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: simfs not showing up
Next Topic: nfs and autofs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 19:22:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02776 seconds