OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VZ+DRBD+HA and load balancing
Re: VZ+DRBD+HA and load balancing [message #32809 is a reply to message #32807] Mon, 01 September 2008 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
golly is currently offline  golly
You're quite welcome for the sharing. (BTW, I've changed a few more things with the config. I'll upload the changes on Tuesday as I'm not at work right now.)

Now about the symlink - the reason I went with the symlink was so that everything needed for the virtual machine was all on the same block device (thinking of off-site back-up). However, rsync'ing the config file would be just as good since it doesn't really change once it is set up and tweaked. However you want to do it - its your cluster Wink.

Oh, and yea, I messed with the disk quota and found that it really didn't do anything for me. However, if I was building an active/passive cluster where all of my VEs were on one DRBD device, then, yea, I'd want it. The only problem I can see is if later I want the per-user disk quota then I'd have to find another mechanism as I would have the per-VE quota turned off. At this point I don't really need disk quotas.

However, I did do research and found out that VZ's disk quota mechanism is quite robust. It will regenerate its information at VE startup if it was out-of-date (and at failover, too, as long as it was a full start and not a migrate - I didn't try the migrate scenario). If you need disk quotas even though the VEs are all on separate block devices, VZ's quota system should be just fine.

Thanks for the heads-up about your scripts! I wanted to give back to the community for all the work they have done by providing such excellent software. You know - the "standing on the shoulders of giants" thing.... Wink

Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Iptables the owner module from HN
Next Topic: kernel issue