OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VZ+DRBD+HA and load balancing
Re: VZ+DRBD+HA and load balancing [message #32745 is a reply to message #32743] Wed, 27 August 2008 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
luisdev is currently offline  luisdev
golly wrote on Wed, 27 August 2008 08:58

I don't know of a way to hardlink across block devices.

This is simply not possible, since hard links are directory entries that refer to an already used inode. Since the inode table is unique for each block device, one can only link to inodes in the same device.

Anyway, once I settled on how to lay out my directories

How?

Second, learning heartbeat's CRM - read, read, read! Oh, and when you come across the CRM examples that have the DRBD <master_slave> configuration - you really do need it! I tried configuring DRBD in heartbeat without it at first (to see if I really, really needed it) and either nothing happened or only one DRBD side came up (i.e. it never sync'ed to the other node).

Ugh! So nothing of the simpler Heartbeat v.1 config, then?

Third, on Ubuntu Hardy, Canonical symlinks /bin/sh to DASH instead of BASH. The ManageVE script starts with #!/bin/sh, but it uses a lot of BASH-isms,

Nasty one.

Anyway, if you would like more details about how I did it, maybe I can put up a wiki page on it (if there is sufficient interest). Let me know.

By all means, yes, this issue has come up several times in this forum since it is a very useful setup. But if you don't have the time just attaching your config files would probably be enough to get started.

Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Iptables the owner module from HN
Next Topic: kernel issue