OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » [Solved]Can't install yum on container.
Re: Can't install yum on container. [message #32324 is a reply to message #32287] Thu, 31 July 2008 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
If you can't get vzyum to work (which is problematic on newer system, especially x86_64), you can manually install yum inside of your container using rpm.

If your container is new and you don't care about destroying it and starting over, you can use one of the contributed pre-created OS Templates I've created (that I'm trying to keep updated by uploading a new one once a month) that has yum already installed.

For manually installing yum into your container see the following wiki article:

http://wiki.openvz.org/Install_yum

That might be a little outdated if any of the packages have been updated... so find a CentOS repository and copy the links to the packages. Oh, and you don't have to do a separate rpm -ivh for each individual package... you can do them all at once. Just put a space between package names. If the package list is incomplete and it stills throws up some unresolved dependencies (rpm doesn't resolve deps), then you just need to keep tacking on all of the needed packages until you have everything. I have used that recipe from the wiki and it worked for me.

If you want my contributed pre-created OS Templates, see here:

http://download.openvz.org/template/precreated/contrib/

They are the CentOS (and Fedora) files with dates as part of the filenames... and are current as of the date given (last Friday when I wrote this).

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Previous Topic: OpenVZ & RAID
Next Topic: Redirect traffic from a specific hostame to a specific VE ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 18:20:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07064 seconds