OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Transfer rate from inside container?
icon5.gif  Transfer rate from inside container? [message #32089] Sat, 19 July 2008 18:36 Go to previous message
hedbanger83 is currently offline  hedbanger83
Hi,

My host server is on a 100Mbit connection. I installed openvz and set up a couple containers. I haven't done anything that I know to to limit the transfer rates of the containers, but whenever I enter one of the containers and wget some decently sized file from the internet, It averages about 500KB/s. Whereas a wget for the same file from the host runs at up to 10MB/s.. I looked at the traffic shaping with TC page, and if I follow the example for incoming bandwidth I can limit it perfectly fine. For example I can set it to limit at 10kbits and the download rate from the container goes down to like 2KB/s, but if I use TC and set that containers IP to 100mbit, it still never transfers at more than 500-600KB/s.. I thought I was all ready to go, and then I realized this annoying issue. I really don't want to limit the bandwidth of the containers at all, incoming or outgoing. I just want them to use all available bandwidth.

Any help would be great.

Thanks much,
Kyle

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: openvz and openafs
Next Topic: Nat inside VE - openvpn again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 30 21:21:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03458 seconds