OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Is it possible to postpone/schedule the vzquota recalculation (after HN power failures etc)?
Is it possible to postpone/schedule the vzquota recalculation (after HN power failures etc)? [message #31389] Thu, 26 June 2008 12:35 Go to next message
motin is currently offline  motin
Upon HN power failures etc, it will take our VE:s around 4-5 hours to start because of vzquota recalculation. Having the VE:s start and then recalculate one on one (using VZFASTBOOT=yes) sounds like a step in the right direction, but still means a lot of sudden down-time for each VE.

Is there any possibility to schedule this recalculation to run at a certain time, so that it can be performed during low-traffic hours or planned maintenance time?

Note: This was written as a reply to this thread: http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=30200& , which is read only.
Re: Is it possible to postpone/schedule the vzquota recalculation (after HN power failures etc)? [message #31512 is a reply to message #31389] Wed, 02 July 2008 11:23 Go to previous message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hello,

Quote:

Is there any possibility to schedule this recalculation to run at a certain time, so that it can be performed during low-traffic hours or planned maintenance time?

As far as I understand the situation this is impossible to do with standard methods, so a person who wants to do that need to modify ovz init scripts.
If I'm not quite correct please correct me.
Previous Topic: MYSQL in container
Next Topic: Network configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 13:50:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02984 seconds