OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Compiling Kernel from GIT
Compiling Kernel from GIT [message #31085] Tue, 17 June 2008 23:29 Go to next message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
I did the GOT download and trying to compile the kernel. I used the x86 config file for 2.6.24. It doesn't compile. Here's what I'm getting. I'm not real sharp at this.

In file included from kernel/cpt/cpt_proc.c:31:
kernel/cpt/cpt_mm.h:27: error: conflicting types for ‘arch_setup_additional_pages’
include/asm/elf.h:327: error: previous declaration of ‘arch_setup_additional_pages’ was here
In file included from kernel/cpt/cpt_proc.c:32:
kernel/cpt/cpt_kernel.h: In function ‘_ns_to_timespec’:
kernel/cpt/cpt_kernel.h:90: error: implicit declaration of function ‘div_long_long_rem_signed’
kernel/cpt/cpt_proc.c: In function ‘init_cpt’:
kernel/cpt/cpt_proc.c:555: error: implicit declaration of function ‘create_proc_entry_mod’
kernel/cpt/cpt_proc.c:555: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make[2]: *** [kernel/cpt/cpt_proc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kernel/cpt] Error 2
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

Thanks in advance.

Re: Compiling Kernel from GIT [message #31094 is a reply to message #31085] Wed, 18 June 2008 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

I filed a bug for this: http://bugzilla.openvz.org/915

I guess you enabled some kernel options that are not yet implemented in our kernel. Could you please show us your .config (the best way is to attach it to the above bug report)?

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Compiling Kernel from GIT [message #31100 is a reply to message #31094] Wed, 18 June 2008 12:44 Go to previous message
mperkel is currently offline  mperkel
Done - I've uploaded it.

Previous Topic: OpenVZ and multiple physical interfaces
Next Topic: Multiple veth on Multiple bridges with vlans over bonded ethernet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 21:13:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03646 seconds