OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » [ SOLVED ] Pb with multiple identical nfs mount dir in different VEs
Re: Pb with multiple identical nfs mount dir in different VEs [message #29934 is a reply to message #29933] Wed, 30 April 2008 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mistur is currently offline  mistur

maratrus wrote on Wed, 30 April 2008 13:15

1. But we've get rid of the message "unregister_vlan_device: ERROR: Tried to remove a non-vlan device with VLAN code, name: eth1.35 priv_flags: 0", haven't we?

in fact, inside a VE eth1.35 is not eth1 with vlan 35 tag, it is viewed as a physical interface for the OS, so /proc/net/vlan/config is empty, if I understand well.

Quote:

So, in the first case we call vconfig to remove non-vlan device with a VLAN code; in the second case we call ifconfig to put down the interface.

ubuntu script ckeck if the interface is associate to a vlan by the name : ethX.Y where Y is the number of the vlan

but in this case, the number after the interface does not refer to the vlan conf for the VE but refere to the bridge associate to the vlan in the HN.

Quote:

2. When you run "ifconfig eth1.35 down" inside the ubuntu VPS other VPSes loose an access to nfs share. Is that true? And when you run "ifconfig eth1.32 down"?

I'm loosing only one nfs share out of the 3 used, I can ping the nfs server, I can ssh the nfs server, I can read or write on the 2 others nfs share, but one specifically die...

that's the really strange point...

Quote:

3. Anything in logs or in dmesg?

I got this in the dmesg on the HN

[258012.479557] unregister_vlan_device: ERROR: Tried to remove a non-vlan device with VLAN code, name: eth1.35 priv_flags: 0
[258012.646468] unregister_vlan_device: ERROR: Tried to remove a non-vlan device with VLAN code, name: eth1.32 priv_flags: 0
[258013.466439] nfs: RPC call returned error 101
[258013.711497] nfs: RPC call returned error 101
[258013.715907] nfs: RPC call returned error 101

Quote:

P.S. I don't expect this help but could you possible rename your eth1.35 interface inside VE to eth1?

I can't due to the vlan configuration on switchs, but I've add just eth1 to the VE which not exist before (only eth1.35 and eth1.32), but nothing has changed.

all tests are done on a test server but over a network setup where is the production

so, I can really use vlan inside VE for now.

Yoann, still investigating

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: certain iptables filter rules not working ?
Next Topic: fuse/sshfs problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 00:43:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05048 seconds