OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Multiple interfaces with iptables
Multiple interfaces with iptables [message #29267] Thu, 10 April 2008 00:15 Go to next message
afathead is currently offline  afathead
So I have been struggling with this topic for a few days. I have my HN that has two network interfaces. I have one for the HN that only has assess from my private network.
I have a VE running with a dedicated NIC to it that I want to filter using iptables, but everytime I start up iptables in the VE it locks everything down and I get Bad Checksum errors from tcpdump. I turn off iptables and everything works perfectly, I can hit the web server and ssh into the VE.
I have been searching on how to get the iptables to run on the VE without NATing things though the HN with a dedicated interface but I haven't found anything.

Thank you in advance!!!
Re: Multiple interfaces with iptables [message #29376 is a reply to message #29267] Fri, 11 April 2008 14:19 Go to previous message
maratrus is currently offline  maratrus
Hi,

could you please provide us with the exact commands you use, with the configuration of your network, what kernel do you use, what ostemplate do you use etc.
And if it's possible could you please repeat what do you want to do. I'm sorry but I didn't understand you.
Previous Topic: network problem
Next Topic: can't connect to public VPS randomly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 23:34:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02609 seconds