OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Strange behavior with MySQL (solved)
Strange behavior with MySQL (solved) [message #27654] Thu, 21 February 2008 22:30 Go to next message
bfrackie is currently offline  bfrackie
Hi,

i can reproduce a strange behavior on different container (running on several hardware nodes) running only MySQL Servers (see detail informations below).

A query with more than eleven LEFT JOINS did not respond, the mysql shell just hangs and the mysqld process reaches 100% CPU. After opening a new shell and submitting the same query in parallel, the CPU grows to 200% and so on. The same query on my notebook returns a result without any delay. Rolling Eyes

I am not able to isolate the problem, because a cat on user_beancounters shows no failcnt. I also set open-files-limit to 1024 (inside my.cnf) to avoid file descriptor problems. Also, no other informations are given in the mysql.log or syslog.

What else can i do to track the problem? Any hints? If you need more informations, just give me note.

Thanks for your help,

Bart

Hardware Node:
- Debian 4.0 with kernel from download.openvz.org
- Linux tropical 2.6.18-openvz-k7 #1 SMP Wed Apr 11 07:50:57 CEST 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
- vzctl version 3.0.18-1dso1

Container:
- Ubuntu 7.10
- MySQL 5.0.45

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 10:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange behavior with MySQL [message #27659 is a reply to message #27654] Fri, 22 February 2008 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

Can you provide us enough details so we will be able to reproduce the problem? Your VE config, SQL statement that you execute (and the database -- can be faked), anything else you feel important.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: Strange behavior with MySQL (solved) [message #27732 is a reply to message #27659] Mon, 25 February 2008 10:30 Go to previous message
bfrackie is currently offline  bfrackie
Hi Kir,

after hours of research, i have found that this is a bug in MySQL (a bug ticket on MySQL called this a feature). You have to to set

optimizer-search-depth = 0 (or another deepth, default is 62)

if you use more than 11 tables. Curios, because my notebook has the same value, but it works here. Anyway, thanks for support.

Bart
Previous Topic: 2.6.18-ovz028stab053.4-enterprise does not have drbd module
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Numflock UBC error - Pls help!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 14:57:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03111 seconds