OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » storing a whole VE on a NFS-share
storing a whole VE on a NFS-share [message #27150] Mon, 11 February 2008 11:36 Go to next message
patrick is currently offline  patrick
Hi,
my idea was to store my VEs on an external storage. I installed an nfs-client on the openVZ host and changed all the paths in the config to the mounted nfs-share. The creation of the VE's private area worked fine and I can start and enter it, but it seems that it's not possible to create lockfiles on the nfs-share although my nfs-client has rw-acces on it.
When I try to start any service, e.g. networking, I get errors similar to this:

root@test102:/# /etc/init.d/networking start
Configuring network interfaces...ifup: failed to lock statefile /etc/network/run/ifstate: No locks available
failed.

Is there any possibility to get a VE on a nfs-share up und running properly?
If there's not, has anyone experiences with global file systems such as gfs or ocfs2?
host and guest systems are debian etch.

thanks for the help
patrick
Re: storing a whole VE on a NFS-share [message #27339 is a reply to message #27150] Fri, 15 February 2008 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xemul is currently offline  xemul
Our NFS guru is currently absent, but as soon as he returns I'll force him to write a wiki page, describing all the possible issues of a "can I have sucn NFS facility" kind.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: storing a whole VE on a NFS-share [message #27354 is a reply to message #27339] Fri, 15 February 2008 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
den is currently offline  den
How have you set up you NFS?

Regards,
Den
Re: storing a whole VE on a NFS-share [message #27363 is a reply to message #27354] Fri, 15 February 2008 14:53 Go to previous message
patrick is currently offline  patrick
the other node is able to mount the share with rw-access and no_root_squash.
Previous Topic: How is the privvmpages limit reached?
Next Topic: Install with 2 hard drives
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 27 17:31:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03750 seconds