OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » cPanel
cPanel [message #226] Thu, 13 October 2005 05:16 Go to next message
Surferdude is currently offline  Surferdude
Just wondering... Has anyone here attempted to install cPanel under an OpenVZ VPS?
Re: cPanel [message #227 is a reply to message #226] Thu, 13 October 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev is currently offline  dev

there should be no much problems in doing so...
if you experience some, please report it and we'll do our best to fix it or help with it.
P.S. there are people who use it on commercial VZ.

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: cPanel [message #233 is a reply to message #226] Mon, 17 October 2005 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wobbarley is currently offline  wobbarley
Yes, I have. It works beautifully. Make sure you follow the (openvz) manual on enabling disk quotas inside the VPSes.

-Erik
Re: cPanel [message #234 is a reply to message #233] Mon, 17 October 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wobbarley wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 17:00

Yes, I have. It works beautifully. Make sure you follow the (openvz) manual on enabling disk quotas inside the VPSes.

-Erik

Mind sharing your QoS parameters? I have been testing cPanel on OpenVZ, and it has not been working well. Looking at the logs, it seems like I'm not allocating enough memory to the VE.
Re: cPanel [message #235 is a reply to message #234] Mon, 17 October 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, other than the VPS virtual disk limits, I have cPanel working fine on the openvz default settings for memory, etc. Currently what do you have set for the VPS with the problem?
Re: cPanel [message #236 is a reply to message #235] Mon, 17 October 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just set it at 999999999 for barrier and limit. Looking at cpanel-install-thread0.log, i keep seeing a "Failed to allocate memory" error on the perl compile in paticular.

My problem is that whenever i try to create an account via cPanel, there is no output once I press the create button. When I had a Virtuozzo server, I remembered this problem and cant seem to remember how to fix it.

Re: cPanel [message #237 is a reply to message #236] Mon, 17 October 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You got me. I would try re-creating and re-installing cpanel on a fresh and updated VPS (if you haven't already) to see if you can recreate the problem. Sounds like that VPS is already hogging all kinds of memory at it stands.
Re: cPanel [message #257 is a reply to message #226] Thu, 20 October 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres a new error I'm getting:

"Fatal Error: Unable to read data from /dev/urandom (No such file or directory). Please contact your system admin to have them repair the problem."

Also looking through the install logs, I saw an error message like

"Your server is out of pty's, please ask your system admin to create more."

This appears to be an template related problem, anyone have any advice?
Re: cPanel [message #261 is a reply to message #257] Thu, 20 October 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

Can you tell me your VPS template name-version, and what packages are installed into a VPS (output of vzctl exec NNN rpm -qa)?

It seems that somehow you deinstalled dev package which provides static device (/dev/*) nodes. Probably it happened because of udev installation. To fix the situation, you need to forceable deinstall udev and reinstall dev supplied by template (rpm file name is /vz/template/OSNAME/OSVER/vz-addons/dev*.rpm)

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: cPanel [message #262 is a reply to message #261] Thu, 20 October 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been using the Fedora core 3 template metadata from the download section.
Re: cPanel [message #948 is a reply to message #226] Sun, 22 January 2006 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkuntz is currently offline  dkuntz
Just a note.

cPanel wont install anymore unless Yum is installed in the VE. This also applies to Virtuozzo (which I use for work.. the dev's may recognize my name Smile )

SuSE will work, as it uses apt-get, but those that use yum will have to have yum installed first (FCx, CentOSx, etc).
Re: cPanel [message #1082 is a reply to message #226] Mon, 30 January 2006 14:21 Go to previous message
rsaylor is currently offline  rsaylor
cPanel also needs a min of 190 MB RAM set for the VPS to operate.
Previous Topic: Networking Problems
Next Topic: Unable to get full ostemplate name for fedora-core-3-i386-default
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 15:21:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02994 seconds