OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* VE: 102: failed to start with err=-17
I am sooo happy! [message #25958 is a reply to message #25950] Sat, 12 January 2008 14:09 Go to previous message
yettyn is currently offline  yettyn
Yes! I got it working with the 2.6.22 kernel. I am not sure what I have done differently but it doesn't matter as I am sooo happy now!

I was on the edge to give up as not even vanilla-2.6.18 would load and use my nic drivers and all the dispersing attempts to get 2.6.22-005.1 working properly. But I thought I would give it a last chance. So I brought home the box from my ISP over the weekend, cleaned out the old kernels and started fresh anew with 2.6.22, and made sure to use ovz config file, made my necessary changes for hardware and removed stuff I definitively not need like for Notebooks, Compac, Dell etc. etc. as the config loads pretty much everything, although mostly as modules. Recompiled kernel and wops! now it works.

Yes, I did one other thing, I plugged in another nic card although I haven't decided if to use it or not yet - but I will certainly leave it in as everything work as is now! Wink Finally I can start to rearrange the box.

Kernel 2.6.32-125.3
vzctl 4.9.4
Gentoo Linux x64

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message