OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* VE: 102: failed to start with err=-17
Re: VE: 102: failed to start with err=-17 [message #25925 is a reply to message #25883] Fri, 11 January 2008 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
yettyn is currently offline  yettyn
As far as I am aware no extra network device is used/added, and I have the same setup working on another box with much less/older hw spec. I am using kernel 2.6.22-005.1 on gentoo, and I have come to understand now that kernel has no future - but using 2.6.18-stable is not really an option due to HW complications.

The problem I had on 2.6.18 is with recognition of my SATA disks as sda, I can just make them be seen as hda and running at 33Mhz bus speed - which is not acceptable. I will give 2.6.22 some more investigation on the network part, maybe there is something not so obvious that I don't see. Also a diff to the working test box apart from HW is this one is running a Shorewall 4.0.7 firewall so there might be something there as well?

If not anything else work I would have to try getting a 2.6.24 kernel running from git. I can't find any patches there to apply on vanilla rc, just prepatched source tree I think, is this correct?

/Joakim

Kernel 2.6.32-125.3
vzctl 4.9.4
Gentoo Linux x64

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message