OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » users in VE => vzctl create ignore template /etc/passwd?
users in VE => vzctl create ignore template /etc/passwd? [message #25835] Wed, 09 January 2008 15:28 Go to next message
arghbis is currently offline  arghbis
Hello everybody,

I've made my own template (debian etch), tuned with the soft iwant, and users (with ssh keys, etc...).

When i create a VE using this template, the home directories of my users are not created with the right ownership. This case happens when the /etc/passwd of the HN is not the same (for "normal" users) than the /etc/passwd of the VE.

is this a bug? an undocumented feature? or am i wrong if i think that this is not the correct behaviour of VE creation?

thanks for the answers
Re: users in VE => vzctl create ignore template /etc/passwd? [message #25877 is a reply to message #25835] Thu, 10 January 2008 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
curx

Hi,

are the uid (=userid) and gid (groupid) the same number on VE0 (hardwarenode) and VE and only the names are different ?

When enter the VE (vzctl enter and with ssh) the owner is correct ?

icon10.gif  Re: users in VE => vzctl create ignore template /etc/passwd? [message #25882 is a reply to message #25877] Thu, 10 January 2008 09:32 Go to previous message
arghbis is currently offline  arghbis
ok, i'm just a bit dumb...

It appears whith the wrong user/group name when i do something from the HN, not when i am in the VE.

sorry for the stupid question Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic: How to find which VPS using excess resources
Next Topic: "Error on control socket", ubuntu gutsy template [solved]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 10:19:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02786 seconds