OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Services not starting on boot
Services not starting on boot [message #2379] Sat, 01 April 2006 12:37 Go to next message
RazorBlue - Dan is currently offline  RazorBlue - Dan
Hi,

I have one VPS where for some reason it decided not to start services on a reboot.

I then entered the VPS and ran setup, reselected all of the services, saved and exited, however on next reboot none of the services came up - again.

The VPS used to work perfectly until this happened, any ideas? I've already rebooted the host node.

Dan
Re: Services not starting on boot [message #2386 is a reply to message #2379] Sun, 02 April 2006 10:15 Go to previous message
kir is currently offline  kir

First of all, check /var/log/messages inside a VPS -- it might give you some hints of what is going wrong.

Second, try to start those services manually using vzctl exec or vzctl enter -- what is the result?

Third, check the config files (starting from /etc/inittab) to see everything is as it should be.

It is hard to give more concrete ideas at this point. Which OS template are you using?

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: vzquota : (error) Quota destroy syscall for id 5001: Device or resource busy
Next Topic: Common Practice Question (noob)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Oct 08 20:16:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05535 seconds