OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » "hidden processes" in OpenVZ
Re: "hidden processes" in OpenVZ [message #23578 is a reply to message #23576] Tue, 20 November 2007 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
floogy is currently offline  floogy
My Google search for define:"HW-node" remained without result. (?)
I guess it's a term for the Host-Computer on which OpenVZ runs the Guest-VE's. I guess I need a break, and an good introduction to OpenVZ Wink

The problem is: I rent a vserver which is virtualized by virtuozzo, which based on OpenVZ. "Unfortunately" I don't have access to the host-system (the hw-node). No, instead I'm happy to be not responsable for that system Wink

Though, in the VZPP:System Prozesses I can not find these hidden processes neither their envID.

My question is: how can I decide, that all hidden processes are system processes of the hardwarenode, if I'm not able to compare the PIDs numbers in VE with the pids in hw-node?

Oh jesus, I think I'm getting completly paranoid... It's time to switch either to managed webspace or to a rootserver, with access to the hw-node, isn't it?

nmap, logcheck etc. didn't report anything unusual, I'm sorry but this hidden stuff makes me nervous...

[Updated on: Tue, 20 November 2007 21:06]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message