OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Suggestion for implementing OVZ?
Suggestion for implementing OVZ? [message #22823] Mon, 05 November 2007 11:21 Go to previous message
zenny
I am writing to you in connection with how to implement something in an already setup network (but needs to be replaced, and I am thinking of going the OVZ path!).

I am handling a network in which every workstation has a static public IP including the servers (Do you think it is an ideal?). But I am thinking the other way around.

Since the workload is not much (some 22 clients and three monolithic servers: 1 gateway with firewall, 1 all-combined services server and another winNT4 server running a proprietary business processing software which I love to replace), I would like to implement like this:

DHCPD hosted in one of the VEs so that the workstations can access the DHCP server from the network and get the dynamic IPs or assign them Class C static IPs. The other VE in the same machine would host a voip server.

One of the VEs hosts mailserver, another web server and other services in different VEs.

But I am a bit confused whether HN to be given a static public IP or local Class C IP? And in the case of VEs, whether they be assigned the static public IP? In that case do I need to use veth instead of venet? (but I read somewhere that veth is slower?)

Is there any hints and input that I could get from the forum users here so that I could implement a migration towards openvz- based architecture? Thanks in advance.

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [migrating physical server to VE] little network problem
Next Topic: URL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 11 16:20:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05521 seconds