OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ & Displays
OpenVZ & Displays [message #22555] Tue, 30 October 2007 19:27 Go to next message
Ricky Smith is currently offline  Ricky Smith

Hey, I'm still searching the forums for answers to this. However I was wondering if anyone had previous experience in it. We're looking to setup multiple "screens" inside of a open VZ environment IE :0 :1 :2 ect.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

The Hardware Node is running X and KDE and the VEs need to beable to open a firefox window for example and go to a specific site and take a screen shot.
Re: OpenVZ & Displays [message #22556 is a reply to message #22555] Tue, 30 October 2007 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky Smith is currently offline  Ricky Smith

It also has to be the full desktop not just a window.
Re: OpenVZ & Displays [message #22571 is a reply to message #22555] Tue, 30 October 2007 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
efball is currently offline  efball
Ricky Smith wrote on Tue, 30 October 2007 14:27

Hey, I'm still searching the forums for answers to this. However I was wondering if anyone had previous experience in it. We're looking to setup multiple "screens" inside of a open VZ environment IE :0 :1 :2 ect.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

The Hardware Node is running X and KDE and the VEs need to beable to open a firefox window for example and go to a specific site and take a screen shot.

I run vncserver inside the VEs. You can run multiple servers this way if you want to also. The other way is to run X using the framebuffer, but you still have to use vnc to see the X session, so this is just extra overhead to me.

There have been a few threads on this topic. Here's one:
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&th=3013&mid =15533&&rev=&reveal=

E Frank Ball efball@efball.com
Re: OpenVZ & Displays [message #22774 is a reply to message #22571] Sat, 03 November 2007 16:31 Go to previous message
dranch is currently offline  dranch
I'd also recommend to look at FreeNX or the commercial offering NX from NoMachines. If you've ever used Rdesktop on Windows and compared the performacen to VNC, you already know how much faster Rdesktop is. NX is to Unix what Rdesktop is to Windows.

--David
Previous Topic: VPS using more and more non-tcp sockets
Next Topic: what does "ub 101 helds 1878 in kmemsize on put" meen?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 04:41:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02851 seconds