OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » vps's not working for internet only localy!
vps's not working for internet only localy! [message #2095] Sun, 19 March 2006 21:33 Go to next message
hauntmisery is currently offline  hauntmisery
Hello, i have a vps set up on a a server and its not letting it ping or wget anything why is this? i can connect to it localy with the local ip in shell but it just wont do anything to the net

thanks
~ hauntmisery ~
Re: vps's not working for internet only localy! [message #2098 is a reply to message #2095] Mon, 20 March 2006 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

You gave too little information to us to provide a helpful answer.

What IP address do you use on the host? What IP for the VPS? Which host distro do you run? What distro in VPS? Have you set up nameserver in VPS? Can you ping host IP from the VPS? Can you ping default host gatewat from the VPS? Can you ping nameserver from the VPS?

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: vps's not working for internet only localy! [message #2106 is a reply to message #2095] Mon, 20 March 2006 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IP Address On VPS: 192.168.254.8
IP Address On Host: 192.168.254.4 ( assigned DHCP )
OS Distro On Host: Cent OS 4
OS Distro On VPS: Cent OS 4

No i have not setup a name server in VPS. Yes i can ping host ip form inside the VPS shell. yes i can ping default host gateway ok!! umm i just found this out i can ping ip's form inside the vps.. but i cant ping any domains. hmmm

Re: vps's not working for internet only localy! [message #2107 is a reply to message #2095] Mon, 20 March 2006 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NVM, I Fixed It! i didnt have dns setup for the VPS.. but its fixed now! thanks for the help! umm if this has happend to you make sure u use the IP Masqurading and also Make sure that u have dns setup on up on ur VPS!
Re: vps's not working for internet only localy! [message #2110 is a reply to message #2106] Mon, 20 March 2006 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir is currently offline  kir

OK so now you know what to do, right? Set up a name server IP for the VPS, using vzctl set VPSID --nameserver x.x.x.x --save. In your case x.x.x.x should be the same as 'nameserver x.x.x.x' in host's /etc/resolv.conf.

Kir Kolyshkin
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: vps's not working for internet only localy! [message #2111 is a reply to message #2110] Mon, 20 March 2006 19:13 Go to previous message
yes i have it fixed now!
Previous Topic: GameServer out of memory
Next Topic: CentOS 4.3 available (announcement soon I imagine)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 04:18:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02924 seconds