OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » kernel source for ethernet driver
kernel source for ethernet driver [message #20472] Tue, 18 September 2007 14:00 Go to next message
dbeery is currently offline  dbeery

Hi,

I need to build a bnx ethernet driver for a new dl585 on SLES 10 SP1 running the latest VZ for SLES AMD64 kernel. I have the source for the driver from HP but it needs kernel source to compile against.

I've downloaded the latest sles vz nosrc.rpm but I'm a little lost as to where to find the linux.tar.bz2 and config.tar.bz2 that the kernel.spec is looking for. After reading the spec file I went ahead and installed the kernel-source from the distribution but still no files.

It is my understanding that I will need to create the kernel source directory that openvz would used to build this driver, thus I must use the kernel src rpm to recreate that structure. The nosrc rpm file does copy the spec and some files into $TOPDIR/SO
URCES but that's it.

Any assistance in pointing me to where those missing file might be or an alternative to what I'm trying would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Derrick Beery
State of Iowa

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2007 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: kernel source for ethernet driver [message #20497 is a reply to message #20472] Wed, 19 September 2007 07:17 Go to previous message
vaverin is currently offline  vaverin
Hi Derrick,

I've inspected our SLES10 build system and found that kernel-source build is currently broken. We need some time to fix this issue, but right now you can contact me via PM and I'll send you all required sources/patches.

Thank you,
Vasily Averin

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2007 11:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: help me
Next Topic: Cant patch vanilla 2.6.22.6 with OVZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 11 12:49:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06611 seconds