OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Changed gentoo-add_ip.sh to work with baselayout-vserver-1.11.14-r3
Re: Changed gentoo-add_ip.sh to work with baselayout-vserver-1.11.14-r3 [message #1989 is a reply to message #1988] Sat, 11 March 2006 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jason Stubbs is currently offline  Jason Stubbs
Heh.. I think that we might just look at things from a different perspective. As nothing has been officially released, I personally wouldn't go out on a limb. People in production should be testing upgrades before rolling them out - especially after modifying parts of the previously installed packages.

Also, if compatibility is the biggest concern, there's no way to figure out what version of baselayout-vserver is installed long term. Parsing emerge output is unsafe as there's no guarantees it won't change, nor are there guarantees that the parameters given to emerge won't change. There isn't even a guarantee that the name "baselayout-vserver" won't change.

From my point of view, the best/most that can be done for the long term is to put the information into the release notes if there are any. Something to the effect of "Issues with Gentoo VPS networking have to been resolved. All users are advised to upgrade to vzctl-3.0.0-3 and baselayout-vserver-1.11.14-r4."

baselayout-vserver-1.11.14-r4 has just been released by the way. It should be hitting the mirrors soon.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 March 2006 16:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Multicast support
Next Topic: 64Bit CPU Required for high RAM OpenVZ Servers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 04:22:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02336 seconds