OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Question about memory resource parameters
Question about memory resource parameters [message #1953] Thu, 09 March 2006 23:19 Go to previous message
dowdle is currently offline  dowdle
First of all, thanks for the fine User's Guide. I have read significant portions of it, and skimmed over the rest.

I was reading a thread on the Zimbra support formum related to OpenVZ. Someone asked if it was possible to install Zimbra within an OpenVZ VPS. For specifics, see here:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776

Anyway, on page two of that thread the following was stated:

Quote:

Open VZ standard which will run on machines with up to 4Gb RAM has a limit on the virtual machine RAM size of 700 and something Mb.

The enterprise version which will run if you have more than 4Gb RAM will allocate over 3Gb to any virtual server if it is available.

Is that an accurate statement? I've looked at the various pages/documents that discuss the differences between OpenVZ and Virtuozzo and I don't see this mentioned.

Speaking of memory resource allocation, I've been reading over the sections in the User's Guide that refer to resource allocation and given the fact that there are several parameters related to memory... and not too much depth... I don't quite understand how to apply the various options to match a desired outcome. Perhaps there are documents somewhere that go into memory resource allocation with a little more depth? Any guidance would be appreciated.

--
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Belgrade, Montana, USA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 64Bit CPU Required for high RAM OpenVZ Servers?
Next Topic: using network aliases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 21:35:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06023 seconds