OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Huge problem with baselayout-vserver after update...
icon9.gif  Huge problem with baselayout-vserver after update... [message #1816] Sun, 26 February 2006 16:44 Go to previous message
ats2 is currently offline  ats2
Hi,
I'm running gentoo with vserver-sources. I updated my baselayout with baselayout-vserver, then etc-updated everything in init.d (actually, I just kept the hostname et domainname in conf.d as they were).
At reboot, the machine crashed with problems of scripts : could not create 'softscripts' and others... immediately after the hardware boot (at the beginning of gentoo loading).

Well, rebooted with a rescue disk, chrooted and unmerged baselayout-vserver to reinstall the former baselayout (not vserver). I etc-updated again, checking each file (18 this time, 21 the firt time).
I recompiled the kernel too, with the same config file.

Now, the machine loads okay but stops after starting services with the message 'INIT :no more scripts left for this runlevel' and then hangs... I never get to the prompt, and I can't access /var/log/messages or syslog...

What can I do to get back my configuration ?
I fear emerge -e world (took me three days last time). Nothing else ? Crying or Very Sad

Thanks in advance for your help !

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: LVM snapshots on 2.6.8-022stab064.1-enterprise
Next Topic: network configuration problem - dumb device on eth0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 18:30:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02853 seconds