OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ maximum partition size
Re: OpenVZ maximum partition size [message #16459 is a reply to message #16456] Fri, 07 September 2007 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
fgomes is currently offline  fgomes
Thanks for your reply! After my last post I also tried with parted (that is reported to work with partitions bigger than 2TB) but it didn't work, when I enter the upper limit as the maximum disk size, it creates a partition with about 1TB instead the 3.5TB Sad
With fdisk I also have the problem of not being able to create any more partitions on the free space (it says that there is no more space available). I didn't try to create an additional partition with parted, because it gives strange size results on the first one I created, it seems it doesn't behave well with such a big volume (the same problem that I had with the gparted live cd, I define a partition size of 2TB for example, and it creates a partition only with few GB!)

What is the best way of defining 2 partitions with less than 2TB (or one with 2TB and other with 1.5TB) in a 3.5TB RAID volume?

Is the CONFIG_LBD enabled on openvz kernel?

Thanks!

Fernando

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: install on centos 5
Next Topic: Does OpenVZ provide a non-linux based Windows solution?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 11:25:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02579 seconds