OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » install on centos 5
install on centos 5 [message #16451] Fri, 07 September 2007 02:51 Go to next message
fuggi is currently offline  fuggi
hi all,

I'm interested in finding out if I can install openVZ on a system with CentOS 5, running CPanel/WHM. I couldn't find any docs with this info and how to do that.

Thanks
Re: install on centos 5 [message #16453 is a reply to message #16451] Fri, 07 September 2007 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Hi,

CentOS 5 is OK for OpenVZ (as all other distributions though). As of CPanel, scince each VE is like independent server, people usually just install Cpanel inside VE. There is one known problem with it: disk quotas. You can get more details about this issue at http://wiki.openvz.org/Cpanel_quotas

HTH,
Vasily
Re: install on centos 5 [message #16454 is a reply to message #16453] Fri, 07 September 2007 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuggi is currently offline  fuggi
thank you for the reply, but i'm wondering, I already have cpanel installed, would I have to delete it and basically do a fresh install or can I install openVZ with cpanel already installed? if so, is there an idiotz guide to doing this? thanks
Re: install on centos 5 [message #16457 is a reply to message #16454] Fri, 07 September 2007 04:42 Go to previous message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Certainly you can install OpenVZ on the server with CPanel. Cpanel will work after it as before the OpenVZ installation Wink As of installation process - it is the same, like on the server without CPanel!

HTH,
Vasily
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* How to mark an issue as "solved"
Next Topic: OpenVZ maximum partition size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 06:36:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04631 seconds