OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* CentOS5 Template Metadata package?
Re: *SOLVED* CentOS5 Template Metadata package? [message #15853 is a reply to message #12854] Wed, 15 August 2007 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
steve is currently offline  steve
dowdle-

No, I'm not the one who created the pre-created CentOS 5 template. You've already found out that if you go that way without a matching template cache, you can't use yum to update the VPSs from the host node. Having said that, I'm not sure why you received error messages when trying to build a template cache. Were you able to get it to work?

I really like being able to update each VPS running vzyum on the host node. It really comes in handy as you don't have to recreate a yum cache on each VPS. I followed the lead of the CentOS 4 template by not including it in the cache. However, if you want to change this it is easy to add yum. Just edit /vz/template/centos/5/i386/config/default.list and add yum to the list. Better yet, create a new file by copying the default.list to say default-with-yum.list and add yum. Now, delete your existing template from /vz/template/cache and then run vzpkgcache centos-5-i386-default-with-yum. When you do this, yum should automatically pick up its dependencies and add them to the image.

It's really ingenious how these guys have created this. It makes it so easy to create multiple templates and keep them up to date.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message