OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Network problems
Network problems [message #15671] Thu, 09 August 2007 12:16 Go to next message
jcaro is currently offline  jcaro
First, I'm sorry for my english Confused

Recently I've installed OpenVZ on Debian 4-0 on AMD-Turion 64X2 computer. I needed to recompile the kernel for the computer and I applied the OpenVZ patch for Debian.

Later I've created my first VE as OpenVZ wiki describes and the VE works well, more or less. I enter on the VE (vzctl enter 101) and I execute 'apt-get update' and later 'apt-get upgrade'. Begin the network wirks fine, fastly, but suddenly the network becomes stalled and apt doesn't work (network doesn't work).

Then I type Ctrl+C (for example) and apt-get upgrade and again network works fine until it suddenly becomes stalled, and in this way indefinitely.

I tried with virtual network device, virtual ethernet device, bridge, nat..... Too I tried with qemu with tun and bridge and networks works well, even I've tried with a VE up and qemu machine up and network works.

I suppose that the problem is the kernel recompilation but .....

Any idea?

Thanks
Re: Network problems [message #15705 is a reply to message #15671] Fri, 10 August 2007 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vaverin is currently offline  vaverin
Probably your VE have resource shortage.
Please check /proc/user_beancounters file (failcnt column), find the resource and increase it's value.

http://wiki.openvz.org/Resource_shortage

Thank you,
Vasily Averin

Re: Network problems [message #15709 is a reply to message #15705] Fri, 10 August 2007 06:48 Go to previous message
jcaro is currently offline  jcaro
Ok Vasily, thanks

I've checked /proc/user_beancounters and I get:

tcprcvbuf             0     346032     319488     524288        222

I've increased this value and netwok works perfectly.

Newly, thanks. I'm a novice in OpenVZ. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Kernel Problem
Next Topic: *SOLVED* chkpnt/restore time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 05 14:26:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03237 seconds