OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » vzmond hanging during vzctl stop - ends in panic
Re: *NOT SOLVED* vzmond hanging during vzctl stop - ends in panic [message #15348 is a reply to message #15252] Fri, 27 July 2007 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
den is currently offline  den
Hi, Jochum...

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the situation locally and the information we have is not enough to understand the problem. As far as I see from our talks, this situation is rather frequent for you.

Kirill has prepared the latest OVZ kernel with all the fixes we have. You can download it from
http://download.openvz.org/~dev/028stab039.1/
Could you try this one and if this will not help, plz provide more details about the situation.

According to the dumps we have, the crash occurs at the beginning of ip_route_output_slow on dereference of loopback_dev (this is a macro now).

Do you have problems with a concrete VE or this can happen on an arbitrary one with NFS?

Do you have crashes on the same node or an arbitrary one is affected?

Is there any specific activity before the crash like checkpointing/restoration/backup/restore etc?

It will be very helpful if you setup a serial or a network console for the crashing node. We really need to see a whole OOPS to make a more productive guesses. Though, you can try to turn off kernel panic on oops and obtain logs directly from the node. This can be performed by
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/panic_on_oops

Here is a small debug patch against 028stab039.1. Could you run the kernel with it?

I hope this will help us Smile

Regards,
Den

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Migration never ends.Rsync null.
Next Topic: OpenVZ on Soekris net5501 (compatible to i586)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 04 14:14:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05484 seconds