OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *DISCUSSED* Does OpenVZ have support for GrSecurity?
Re: Does OpenVZ have support for GrSecurity? [message #15097 is a reply to message #15092] Wed, 18 July 2007 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
joelee is currently offline  joelee
Dev, your point is well made and I am much in agreement. But, the example you gave about the 2 users being more protected if they are on different VE as appose to being on one with SELinux or GrSecurity is correct.

However, as you know, in a real world environment a VE will be supporting many many users. And, a one will still want to find ways to further secure/protect users or apps from each other - That's where SElinux and GrSecurity tools come into play and serve there purpose.

Therefore if OpenVZ has some technical issues to support those tools then it would make sense for OVZ to put some effort to getting those fix - Hope you agree!

I initially made this post because I wanted to be able to chroot users in SSH, FTP, etc... And, that the Grsecurity like tool is recommended to be patch to kernel to enhance the chrooting capabiltiy. And, I've come to learn that OVZ had problems with GrSecurity.

I hope some attention can be placed on this by OVZ team to fix what can be fix in order to support GrSecurity and/or SElinux.
Hope you get my point! Anyway, thanks for your comments...

Joe

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Online migration "Error: undump failed: Invalid argument"