OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Need help with OVZ networking implementation!
Need help with OVZ networking implementation! [message #14686] Thu, 05 July 2007 18:45 Go to previous message
joelee is currently offline  joelee
Hi All,

I am looking to setup my OVZ environment in the following ways and would like to get some feedback if what I am looking to do is doable and if there's anything I should consider.

I'd like to configure my host machine physical network interface with sub-interfaces and assign different subnets to each sub-interface. Each sub-interface network would be used by one or more guess VPS either in bridge like mode or NAT.

Example:
Host Computer ETH0 with configured IP settings would be used only to access host machine.
ETH0:1 with configured IP would be used to map to one or more guess VPS (all on same subnet).
ETH0:2 - Same as above with different subnet configured.
etc, etc...

If above is doable, I am looking to find what's needed for guess VPSs to communicate to other guess VPS on the different subnets. I need to figure out the best way to get guess VPS to talk to each other that are on different subnets. Will that be done by the HOST or can the guess VPSs that are on different subnet be configured to talk to each other without HOST being involved.

A question in mind is: Should I use veth or venet solution - Which will be best.

Any comments/suggestions in regards to the best pratices to accomplish the above would be appreciated. Also would appreciate any sample configs or reference doc that would help me implement the above would be great!

Note: The host computer as well as the guess VM would all be private IP address. My host computer is behind my FW which is doing NAT from external public IPs to internal private IP addresses. I have several public IP's on the ext side of my FW (Same Subnets) and certain IPs would be mapped to the appropriate private IP on the inside. Also, as a preference, I would prefer to NOT have to NAT on the HOST machine as to avoid doing double NAT'g - Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!
joe

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *KNOWN ISSUE* Problems with online migration on 031 kernel
Next Topic: *SOLVED* ipt_mport and ipt_iplimit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 05:52:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02172 seconds