OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* VEs with different subnets
Re: VEs with different subnets [message #14585 is a reply to message #14542] Mon, 02 July 2007 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ugo123 is currently offline  ugo123
And I have to remember that I only have one interface and my goal is actually not to waste a public IP on the HN since they don't need one at all, they just need an internet access for the upgrade, and that's where my NAT gateway 10.1.1.1 takes place to save some IPs.

After reading the route manual, that's probably why I've got the "RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable" message because the program doesn't see any DIRECT interface that knows how to reach the ISP's real gateway.

Actually, after thinking about it.... I don't see how this is do-able at all with "classical routing", because even if we succeed, the ISP will surely filters the "martians" source IP (10.1.x.x) from its routing table, so the packets will be null-routed anyway... and the thing will be pointless in that case Sad

So that's why I think that I really need the veth to get the thing working...because from what I see the veth looks like a lot like the things I was able to do with Xen networking part.... but still I can't get it work (at least by by doing the things explained on the wiki)

Thanks,

Ugo

[Updated on: Mon, 02 July 2007 21:20]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message