OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* question regarding sharing of libraries etc
*SOLVED* question regarding sharing of libraries etc [message #14355] Mon, 25 June 2007 16:00 Go to next message
campbellmc is currently offline  campbellmc
Hi,

I am new to openVZ and have a question or two. I have read the FAQ and a lot of the tuning docs. My question is: does OpenVZ share library data? For instance, if there are two VEs running the same version of Apache, under the same base OS (e.g., CentOS), how much can OpenVZ share of the libraries, e.g., libc, libcrypt etc? Each VE has it's own /lib file system and processes, so would it only share kernel mem? Can 'top' run in the VE, looking at RES, VIRT, SHR any help? And I imagine you could achieve greater memory sharing if running many of the same kind of virtual servers (same versions of apache, glibc and so on), if memory sharing for libraries is possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Campbell

[Updated on: Thu, 28 June 2007 06:41] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: question regarding sharing of libraries etc [message #14356 is a reply to message #14355] Mon, 25 June 2007 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandr Andreev is currently offline  Alexandr Andreev
Hello
Quote:

there is no such feature in OpenVZ. In Virtuozzo special filesystem type (vzfs) is used, that performs this action: it greatly saves the amount of diskspace and memory usage.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 June 2007 17:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: question regarding sharing of libraries etc [message #14357 is a reply to message #14356] Mon, 25 June 2007 16:51 Go to previous message
campbellmc is currently offline  campbellmc
Hi Alexandr,

Thanks for the reply. The machines I am running are actually running Virtuozzo, so I should have looked there. I assumed both were pretty much the same. Clearly not Smile

Cheers,

Campbell Smile
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* vzctl restart problem with gentoo ve
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Erro Install CPANEL - Erro in Install (Bad file descriptor at ./install line 650)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 03 10:26:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03785 seconds