OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* Quota on HostNode
*SOLVED* Quota on HostNode [message #13433] Sat, 26 May 2007 19:08 Go to next message
waga is currently offline  waga
I am trying to enable disk quota on the hostnode
When I try to enable quota, I am getting the following error:

quotaon: using /home/aquota.group on /dev/sdb1 [/home]: Invalid argument
quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with quotacheck(8)?
quotaon: using /home/aquota.user on /dev/sdb1 [/home]: Invalid argument
quotaon: Maybe create new quota files with quotacheck(8)?

I am assuming this problem is because I can't use quota when using an openvz kernel? I am running openvz kernel 2.6.18

Any suggestions would be appreciated

[Updated on: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:24] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quota on HostNode [message #13437 is a reply to message #13433] Sat, 26 May 2007 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Hello,

You can use usual Linux quota on HN on filesystem where OpenVZ Disk quota is not running. For example if you have separate partition mounted on /vz and all VEs private date is located in /vz/private/, then you can easily use Linux disk quota on root filesytem and on fs mounted on /home.

As I see, you're trying to make quota on on filesystem mounted on /home, so I guess OpenVZ disk quota is not running on this filesystem. Therefore you can use Linux quota there. The error asks you about quotacheck tool. Have you ran it?

Thanks,
Vasily.
Re: Quota on HostNode [message #13451 is a reply to message #13437] Sun, 27 May 2007 10:46 Go to previous message
waga is currently offline  waga
thanks.

I was just editing the /etc/mtab and thought it would work after. Then I remount the drive to /home with usrquota and grpquota (mount -o usrquota,grpquota) and it works after a quotacheck.
Previous Topic: *RESOLVED* network access between VE and HN
Next Topic: *SOLVED* strange mount/umount issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 04 08:43:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02588 seconds