OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » 4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help!
icon9.gif  4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help! [message #12431] Sat, 28 April 2007 00:50 Go to next message
Navid is currently offline  Navid
Hello there,

We are having a Serouise problem with Openvz at the moment, From 2 weeks ago about 4 of our servers started crashing and geeting locked up with NO ERRORS what so ever, Right now this is taking our business down Here are server Specs and they are all running Centos 64Bit :

Dual Xeon CPUs
All 6GB Ram
SCSI Raid 10

I am 100% sure there is no problem with the hardware as some have totally different stuff and its just impossible to have this on that many servers together, We have talked to MANY MANY techs and changed many settings .. All servers are running Hypervm and Lxlabs has told us its TCP sockets getting overloaded so we have done :

# sysctl -w "net.ipv4.tcp_mem= 786432 1048576 1572864"
# echo "net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 786432 1048576 1572864" >> /etc/sysctl.conf

But no different at all, Ok so Servers gets crashed every 12-24 and different hours, No error , we checked with KVM there is no Video , checked all logs not a single strange error, this crashes sometimes ended in failture in our Raid 10 arrays which was fixed with a FCSK ,

As i said this is currently taking down our business and we have spent thousdans hiring techs, getting KVM setup , changing servers and etc etc but Still same problems, I have just mailed Openvz support to see if i can get any help there, Also there is NO High load on the servers when they crash , i have been watching ssh Top on them several times when they crashed ... normal load 1-3 which was nothing for a Dual Xeon .. 0 WA and etc!

EDIT : Yes we have upgraded the kernels 2 Days ago , but 3 crashes since then Sad

Please guys any help would be highly apperciated,
Thank you,

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2007 00:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help! [message #12432 is a reply to message #12431] Sat, 28 April 2007 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rickb is currently offline  rickb
Hello.

Does hypervm give you a modified kernel to operate? If so, what are the changes?

Exactly what kernel version are you running?

Have you set up netconsole to catch and panic messages before the system goes completely asleep?

Do the servers crash randomly or only under high load? Is any load necessary to crash the server?

-------------
Common Terms I post with: http://wiki.openvz.org/Category:Definitions

UBC. Learn it, love it, live it: http://wiki.openvz.org/Proc/user_beancounters
Re: 4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help! [message #12436 is a reply to message #12431] Sat, 28 April 2007 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Hello,

what kernel version do you use?

Thanks,
Vasily.
Re: 4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help! [message #12483 is a reply to message #12431] Mon, 30 April 2007 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navid is currently offline  Navid
Hello there,

We just had another crash today Sad Getting out of control!

> Does hypervm give you a modified kernel to operate? If so, what are the changes?

No hypervm doesnt,

> Exactly what kernel version are you running?

Right now we are running 2.6.9-023stab043.2-smp on all servers

> Have you set up netconsole to catch and panic messages before the system goes completely asleep?

Yes and no errors at all , nothing!

> Do the servers crash randomly or only under high load? Is any load necessary to crash the server?

They do crash rondomly but i feel when they are under a bit of load it happens more often, again i was watching one the other day , load under 2 , nothing for a dual xeon no high process nothing and it just crashed!

Will apperciate any help,
Thank you,
Re: 4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help! [message #12485 is a reply to message #12431] Tue, 01 May 2007 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatever is currently offline  whatever
Have you checked the servers Beancounters?
Is there any hardware conflict?
If you think it's about load then how many vps are you running and are they allowed to brust 100% of limited %?

Thanks
Re: 4Servers crashes no video , no error , Please help! [message #12494 is a reply to message #12483] Tue, 01 May 2007 17:57 Go to previous message
dev is currently offline  dev

First, you need to define what "Crash" means in your case.
Is node pingable?
Is there anything on local screen?
Does it show something if to press Alt-SysRq-P and Alt-SysRq-T? (if it prints debug info when you press these keys, then please post it here).

In order to be able to resolve the issue your assistance is required. You need to setup serial or net console and collect the required info (see above).

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* DNS lookup not working inside the VPS
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Installing Websphere 6.1 in a VPS FAILS due to disk space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 19:56:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02618 seconds