OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *CLOSED* Need CPUUNITS Value for Celeron 2.4
*CLOSED* Need CPUUNITS Value for Celeron 2.4 [message #12219] Fri, 20 April 2007 19:24 Go to previous message
jonwatson is currently offline  jonwatson
Hello,

As described in this post: http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=tree&goto=12058& #msg_12058

I cannot use the vzcpucheck to determine how many CPUUNITS my HN has to use. When I attempt to run it, I get:

# /usr/sbin/vzcpucheck 
ERROR: Unknown format of /proc/fairsched column: weight not found

and I can see that my /proc/fairsched file is empty:

-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Apr 16 09:42 /proc/fairsched

I presume that this is yet another issue with the 2.6.15-025stab014.1 kernel that I unwisely chose but am now stuck with until such time as I want to commission a new box.

What I would like help on is either:

1. Getting the vzcpucheck working, or
2. If anyone else is running a Celeron 2.4 with 1GB RAM, perhaps that person could tell me how many CPUUNITS that machine has available. Perhaps I can use the same number and approximate the functionality.

The last thing I should mention is that in this particular case I want to allow this VPS to use all of the available CPU. In a weird quirk of fate this is the only VPS on this box and may remain so for some time so it seems desireable to give it all of the resources.

Perhaps there is some way to assign all of the avaialable CPU to a VE without knowing the CPUUNITS value of the HN?

Thanks!

Jon

[Updated on: Fri, 04 May 2007 13:31] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* sync in VE context
Next Topic: *SOLVED* OpenVZ on PPC?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 16 04:02:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04987 seconds